Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Reading Diary - English Fairy Tales

English Fairy Tales By Joseph Jacobs

Tom Tit Tot: This was an odd story. I didn’t fully understand it all to be honest. It had a lot of things going on though which made it interesting. The pictures were really creepy, I would have never pictured the characters to look like that unless I saw those pictures of them. I thought it was kinda a depressing story, the whole story is about a girl trying to make these things so her head doesn’t get cut off by her husband. 

The Three Little Pigs: This was a very cute story. I remember the first part of the story very well from my childhood, but the sending half of the story was really fun for me to read. I like that the third smart little pig continues to trick the bad wolf when he still tries to kill the pig. The pig wins in the end and out smarts the wolf each time. When the wolf tries to boil the pig the water actually boils him and the pig eats the wolf. 

(The Three Little Pigs - YouTube)



The Old Woman and Her Pig: This story was very comical. It made me laugh. I have to admit that I sometimes get bored with these stories though, they drag on for too long sometimes. It is an interesting story style repeating and adding to the story each paragraph. I like the end the best when each part finally comes together and ties back to the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment