Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary - Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve: By Louis Ginzberg

Here are just some notes I took while reading this story. Mostly of things that I found most interesting.

The idea that man was created from dust comes up over and over again. Man was created from the ground, and women were created from Adams rib bone.

Later on in the story it talks about the differences between man and women because of how they were created. It describes why women are much more complicated than men. This is mostly because they have to be designed in a way to bear children, they also mature intelligence wise sooner then men.

I a tree of good v.s evil has always ben interesting to me. I am interested in possibly writing a story about this tree. It might not have to many similarities to the biblical story, but I would try to make enough references to the original story so people would understand where it was coming from.

(Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden - Wikimedia)


I found it interesting that Adam was born as a 20yr old, not as a baby.

God made all the animals on earth in an hour. The hour after Adam was made. Adam named all the animals on earth and was truly gifted. After Adam helped name all the animals him and God planned the whole earth out. They decided where people would inhabit in the future, and what land would stay vacant.

I also thought it was interesting how Satan used to be an angel. It goes into how he was cast into the earth by God, and so it makes sense why we have always assumed Satan to be below.


Finally I think that the wedding of Adam and Eve is an interesting subject. I would be interested in writing a story about this wedding. This was probably the most important wedding that ever took place. It talks about how God and angels were there. I love wedding in general so this interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment