Thursday, January 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites

Here are a few storybooks that I have read and found interesting!

Storybook 1: 

Live on University Legends 

This storybook is about legends of The University of Oklahoma. I really enjoyed it because I think the topic of campus legends is very interesting myself.  I believe that all the legends that surround our school shows us part of our history. Legends such as walking under the clock tower, or kissing someone on a first date in the center of the North Oval all make up unique quirks of who we are as a campus. I really like the different stories in this book and think that they all do a good job of sticking to the theme of the title. My favorite part of this book is the pictures. Often people think of legends as dark and creepy, and the pictures in this storybook of our university definitely stick to that theme. I also love the fact that these story's are based on true campus myths, but the author took those ideas and painted a picture of these mythical stories for us.

Storybook 2:


I chose to read this storybook because it stood out to me as funny and entertaining. I love the original TV show Gossip Girl, so this storybook fit into a category that I am interested in. This blog was such a fun and easy read that any girl who has seen the show Gossip Girl before would find it enjoyable. I can also tell that the writer had fun writing this piece which is gratifying as a reader. I like how the author used Hawaiian words and names as the titles of the story's. 

Storybook 3:


I loved the Introduction section of this storybook, it is very captivating and catch. I like how they took a spin on a traditional fairytale and made it there own. I like the use of different punctuation, it breaks up the story and makes it more enjoyable to read. The punctuation also emphasizes certain sentences and gives the story more of a personality. 




No comments:

Post a Comment